Expedia hands social media biz to Isobar
India - Isobar has been signed on by the online travel company Expedia to manage its social media presence in India.
The agency has won the business after participating in a multi agency pitch and will manage the entire social media presence for Expedia, including its presence on Twitter, Facebook and YouTube.
Speaking on the alignment, Manmeet Ahluwalia, head, marketing, Expedia, said social media and ORM are some of the most important tools for success in today's digitally connected world.
"These tools are especially in our line of business. It is the core to our marketing strategy, and hence, we wanted to look for the best agency to partner with. We chose Isobar as it has done some outstanding work in India."
Shamsuddin Jasani (pictured), managing director, Isobar India, said it is a great win for Isobar. "We are excited that the world leader in online travel has appointed us as its social media and ORM agency. Social is a core ingredient for Expedia's success, and Isobar will work as the catalyst in achieving this success."
Isobar is a part of the Aegis Media India Group, which also comprises of businesses such as Carat, Vizeum, Posterscope, Brandscope, Hyperspace, Carat Fresh Integrated, PSI, Doosra and iProspect.
Expedia Related Stories:
- AirAsia makes multiple promotions
- backick kicks around discounts
- Milk PR sees a bullish year
- Hasbro names PR agency, Expedia gets sporty
- AirAsiaExpedia makes senior marketing hire
- Case Study: Expedia
- EB Live Asia Session Announcement: Non-Cash Rewards
- AirAsiaExpedia names marketing and PR leads
- Expedia appoints product marketing lead
- Expedia & Air Asia put out 'Red Hot' offers
- Expedia picks Carat for SEA media duties
- Expedia SEA account goes to Publicis
- Expedia unveils European brand identity
- Expedia set to ramp up marketing efforts
- Expedia and AirAsia take a trip
- Impactasia checks in with Hotels.com
- Trend Micro and Expedia appoint PR agencies
- Expedia makes Southeast Asia foray