Maersk Line appoints Thai country manager
Thailand - Maersk Line has appointed Henrik Jensen as its country manager for Thailand, who will be tasked with developing and executing business strategies and overseeing sales, operations, and customer service.
Based in Bangkok, he will report to Thomas Knudsen, regional head of Maersk Line in Asia Pacific.
Prior to this appointment, he was based in Copenhagen, Denmark where he first led the global customer service organisation and later headed a strategic project focusing on "ease of business".
Jensen has over 20 years of experience in the liner shipping industry. He has an extensive portfolio in Asia where he first headed sales, customer service and operations in Thailand from 2000-2003 and later became line manager for Southeast Asia until 2008.
He is replacing Thomas Lindy Sorensen, who will be heading Maersk Line in Korea.
Managing people? For HR and leadership strategy, Human Resources has it covered.
Get your marketing department up to speed with Asia's most read marketing site
Maersk Related Stories:
- Boeing in trouble, UPS’s new service
- Maersk refocuses, Govt picks Apple
- Are you prepared to lose your job?
- Maersk JV boosts China’s exports
- Green shipping plans revealed
- Maersk cuts Asia-Europe trade
- Maersk aims to go green
- Maersk appoints SG, MY country head
- Maersk to boost prowess
- Maersk tracks emissions one by one
- Maersk sees thicker line in Africa
- Maersk Line cuts sulphur emissions
- Maersk Line treads with caution
- CMA CGM, Maersk launch Asian service
- Maersk Line adds China-Nigeria route
- Maersk sinks into 1st annual loss
- Maersk exits Taiwan
- Armed escort on merchant ships
- Maersk expresses optimism for 2010
- Cocaine found in Maersk yard