CIMB and Facebook offer check-in deals
Malaysia - CIMB Bank and Facebook have come together to offer check-in deals.
Customers of CIMB Bank and those with Direct Access credit cards who check-in to any ‘CIMB-San Francisco Coffee' with a yellow ‘deal' sticker using Facebook Places will get a complimentary drink and a chocolate bar with their purchased beverage.
The Facebook Places feature allows users to share their current location with their network on Facebook through their mobile device. The check-in deal would only be available until 5 October.
Head of group marketing and communications for CIMB Group, Effendy Shahul Hamid said social media has always been a focus for the bank and this collaboration with Facebook was to bring innovation to their customers.
"Customer preferences are constantly evolving and it is important for us to evolve our offerings in tandem with that, to bring the best and most relevant products and services to the market," Effendy added.
Stephen Dolan, commercial director, Asia of Facebook said: "The world has gone social and it is a pleasure to work with brands like CIMB who push the limits of communication and innovation. Facebook is committed to growing the Malaysian market and collaborating with CIMB has enabled us to launch Check-in Deals, which is a first for Malaysia."
Festival of Media Asia
The Festival of Media Asia is coming to Singapore in November in partnership with Marketing Magazine.
For speaker information and event details see the site festivalofmedia.com/asia
- CIMB Bank
CIMB Bank Related Stories:
- CIMB Bank targets Singapore's affluent
- CIMB first to launch FB deposit campaign
- Banks, telcos make up top MMVB winners
- MAS returns with CIMB Classics
- TMR ups print run with sponsors
- CIMB explains small agency decision
- CIMB Classic brings Woods to Malaysia
- CIMB aims to draw in more customers
- RBS staff retained by CIMB
- CIMB makes good on ASEAN promise
- CIMB Bank gets clicking
- CIMB launches The Buddy System
- CIMB welcomes the Snake Year
- CIMB and Ogilvy tipped to part ways
- NEWS IN BRIEF: 24 October 2011
- Employers take credit health seriously
- CIMB tenta-lizes with Octo lamps
- Former CIMB marketer heads to Maybank
- Engage Media unveils DOOH network
- CIMB clicks with Octo