Waggener takes part ownership in Buchan
With offices in Melbourne and Sydney, Buchan has serviced the Australian market for 25 years. Its focus is on improving communication, understanding stakeholders, managing complex issues and analysing information to enable sound decision-making.
"Buchan and Waggener Edstrom have been affiliates for over three years, so we are entering today's deeper relationship with a solid track record of collaboration," David Ko (pictured), executive vice president, Waggener Edstrom Asia Pacific, said.
"The Buchan management team, led by Tom Buchan, represents a proven leadership bench that will be crucial to our growth in this region."
The investment in Buchan comes on the heels of Waggener Edstrom's recent expansion of its Global Alliance Network into Kenya and Belgium and last year's opening of new offices in India and South Africa.
Additional expansion in more international markets is planned for later this year.
"Our longstanding business partnership with Waggener Edstrom Worldwide started in 2007 as a Global Alliance Network affiliate in Australia, and we are pleased that it now expands into a direct investment that will benefit clients through greater global reach and bolster our capabilities and digital communications resources," Buchan said.
Festival of Media Asia
The Festival of Media Asia is coming to Singapore in November in partnership with Marketing Magazine.
For speaker information and event details see the site festivalofmedia.com/asia
- Waggener Edstrom Worldwide
Waggener Edstrom Worldwide Related Stories:
- Virgin Active picks agencies ahead of launch
- Sony appoints Waggener for PR duties
- Waggener appoints new GM
- Can HR finally embrace social media?
- Waggener nabs BM's talent
- David Ko departs Waggener Edstrom
- Helping HR become social
- Waggener Edstrom India makes key hires
- Waggener Edstrom opens Swiss office
- Waggener promotes Camoens to GM role
- Waggener Edstrom builds luxury roster
- Changi Airport appoints digital PR shop
- Kowloon Watch says it's time for PR
- Waggener creates new role for Lackie
- Waggener expands South Korea footprint
- In BRIEF: Ogilvy, Effie, Waggener
- Film Society shoots events with WE
- Marketing directors talk social media
- What’s next for integrated media?
- HPB appoints Waggener Edstrom