Sara Lee appoints OMD to global biz
Global - Sara Lee has appointed OMD to its global media account which is estimated to be worth US$195m.
OMD was the incumbent on the European business and picked up Asia when the account was consolidated. OMD will handle online and offline media services in 14 European markets and three new Asia Pacific markets - Australia, New Zealand and Thailand.
The global food and beverage manufacturer decided to consolidate its account after its recent divestiture of its Household & Body Care businesses to focus on its international coffee and tea brands, including Douwe Egberts, Maison du Café, Marcilla, Moccona, Pickwick and Senseo.
"With the creation of a stand-alone publicly listed company focused on coffee and tea, Sara Lee's international businesses will undergo a significant change," Sara Lee's senior vice-president and member of the Coffee & Tea Board Harm-Jan van Pelt, said.
"We will invest behind our coffee and tea brands in the future, with modern, relevant and creative media campaigns. During the media consolidation pitch process we focused on ensuring our media partner had not only the right competences and experience for our business today but also to support the needs of our future ‘Coffee Co'."
- Sara Lee
OMD Related Stories:
- Reading Room gets intl. business lead
- OMG hires lead for Airwave
- Omnicom agencies bag NEA account
- Audemars Piguet chooses media shop
- OMD appointed by mainland national bank
- McDonald's brings monster in for CNY push
- OMD sets up in Tasmania
- OMD glams up TSL media front
- Watsons adds music to its offerings
- OMD targets beyond demographics
- McDonald’s brands as innovator
- OMD gets Guangzhou MD
- BA welcomes royal couple in local style
- OMD grows local team
- Marketers: Mindshare, OMD tops in media
- A.S. Watson settles regional media duties
- OMD nabs Bala for digital role
- OMD Melbourne continues expansion
- OMD adds healthcare client
- OMD launches smarter planning tool