Marketing TV: Will social save or kill the news?
Hong Kong - How has social media changed the news business? How can media owners make news profitable in the digital age? Marketing TV talks to Thomas Crampton.
Crampton, Asia Pacific director of Ogilvy & Mather's 360° Digital Influence, said social media comes as a challenge for news publishers as it does for marketers because it changed the mode of communications from broadcasting to engaging.
"I think social media is a bigger threat than opportunity in some ways," he said.
Watch the full video here.
Festival of Media Asia
The Festival of Media Asia is coming to Singapore in November in partnership with Marketing Magazine.
For speaker information and event details see the site festivalofmedia.com/asia
- Ogilvy and Mather
Ogilvy and Mather Related Stories:
- Is stress to blame for Ogilvy employee's death?
- Death sparks debate on overtime
- Young Ogilvy employee dies from heart attack
- Ogilvy boosts its medical education offering
- M+S makes agency appointments
- GM 'there's no excuse for insensitivity'
- Coca-Cola turns strangers into friends
- Perrier parties with psychedelic hipsters
- Ogilvy snags Collins for top creative role
- Castrol gets clingy in new campaign
- Who says CSR is boring?
- Chen named to OgilvyOne Worldwide board
- O&M Shanghai looks to grow social offering
- O&M Beijing appoints new ECD
- Ogilvy serves virtual dumplings for CNY
- NHB appoints O&M for its PR duties
- Coca-Cola goes nice, lucky, crazy
- Ogilvy Singapore makes senior appointments
- ECCO names China PR
- O&M: Malls will be no longer necessary