eBay tasks Edelman with APAC duties
Regional - eBay has appointed Edelman as its PR agency in Asia Pacific to tap into cross-border trade opportunities which represented 20% of its sales in Q4 2010.
Extending its relations from the US, Edelman is tasked with raising the awareness of the opportunities to traders and entrepreneurs in Asia and provide strategic communications counsel.
Edelman Hong Kong will serve as the regional communications hub for key markets which includes China, Hong Kong, Taiwan, Japan, Korea, Singapore, Malaysia, India and Indonesia.
Daniel Feiler, director of communications, eBay Asia Pacific said the company looked to carry out a series of insight-led, targeted and strategic regional PR programmes to boost its regional business activity.
Andrew Kirk (pictured), managing director of Edelman Hong Kong, said it would leverage its existing partnership to promote eBay's cross-border trade regionally and globally and increase its competitiveness in the eCommerce space.
Festival of Media Asia
The Festival of Media Asia is coming to Singapore in November in partnership with Marketing Magazine.
For speaker information and event details see the site festivalofmedia.com/asia
- Edelman Public Relations
eBay Related Stories:
- eBay eyes China growth with site launch
- Ebay classifieds show its humorous side
- eBay tones down its logo
- NEA calls pitch, eBay revamps Gumtree
- eBay Classifieds renews Asia push
- Marketing TV: The new era of e-commerce
- Pay for British and American bosses rises
- TUS bags eBay regional biz
- Malaysia International Fashion Week on eBay
- PropertyGuru partners with eBay
- Wego with eBay
- TVB lends star power to eBay charity
- Avaya makes interactive director move
- Hong Kong picked for eBay ad centre initiative
- Yahoo paves the mobile apps way
- Flight stimulator
- Talk till you drop
- Eachnet taps Epsilon for email marketing campaigns
- Eachnet appoints TBWA\
- AdRelevance reaches Singapore