Heineken campaign for UEFA kicks off
Global - Heineken has launched its new ‘Legendary Football’ campaign for the forthcoming 2011/12 UEFA Champions League season.
The campaign features two new films starring five footballers who have made 350 match appearances in the competition between them. Footballers Gianluigi Buffon, Rene Adler, Patrick Vieira, Clarence Seedorf and Ruud Van Nistelrooy appear in the campaign.
The two 30-second television executions are supported by a series of break bumpers that will be broadcast in over 180 countries worldwide. The first film, titled Opera, sees Seedorf line up to take a shot at Buffon, filmed in the European opera house. The second video, Pantheon, takes place in the setting of an ancient Roman gladiatorial ring, where Vieira and Van Nistelrooy compete to win a header at Adler’s goal.
Additionally, a series of adaptations have been created along with outtakes and behind the scenes footage that will be used to supplement the television commercials across a variety of digital platforms.
‘Legendary Football’ captivates the excitement of the very best that club football has to offer and the enjoyment of these high standards is something that Heineken has in common with football enthusiasts,” said global brand director at Heineken, Cyril Charzat.
Heineken announced in May that it had extended its contract with UEFA to sponsor the UEFA Champions League for a further three years.
Heineken Related Stories:
- Spotify launches in Malaysia
- Heineken brings Grammy experience home
- Heineken is serious about music
- More govt tenders, Heineken picks Lowe
- Heineken Thirst ends year with a bang
- Heineken readies for "bottle of the future"
- Getting efficient in the SC
- A Skyfall windfall for brands
- Heineken knows how to party
- Leveraging Bond: Heineken and Omega
- James Bond features in Heineken campaign
- TEC names MD, EA Mobile picks PR agency
- Etihad gets social, Komli receives funding
- Heineken picks Starcom for global duties
- In BRIEF: SPT, FrancFranc, Robinsons
- In BRIEF: InMobi, Singapore Flyer, Ikea
- In BRIEF: Go React, StanChart, Servcorp
- In BRIEF: UM, Heineken, PSB, TBWA
- Heineken bonds with Daniel Craig
- Heineken hands PR business to Iris