Visa appoints Proximity for digital duties
India - Proximity, the CRM, digital and data arm of BBDO, has won the digital mandate for Visa, industry sources have told afaqs!.
The creative mandate continues to lie with TBWA which bagged the duties when Visa appointed it globally back in 2008. This was around the time the account consolidated its media mandate with OMD.
The global creative and media agency consolidation, which took effect from January 1, 2009, was done in a bid to deliver creative synergies and other operating and cost efficiencies to Visa.
Prior to TBWA, the creative agency on the account in India was R K Swamy BBDO.
Visa is a retail electronic payments network providing processing services and payment product platforms. This includes consumer credit, debit, prepaid and commercial payments, which are offered under the Visa, Visa Electron, Interlink and Plus brands.
It launched in India in 1989 with the initial task of informing the prospective Indian consumer about Visa and the facility of 'plastic money'. Visa gained popularity with its then tagline, 'Visa Power. Go get it' and its then brand ambassador, star cricketer Sachin Tendulkar, endorsed the brand from 1997 to 2003.
In 2009, the brand underwent a global repositioning and adopted the tagline, 'More people around the world go with Visa'.
- Visa International
Visa International Related Stories:
- Visa launches payment solution for traders
- Compass Visa supports Earth Hour
- Compass Visa to make CSR fun
- Visa targets smartphone payments
- Are we ready for contact-less payment?
- Visa makes most of the Olympics
- Tourism Board invests $27m in summer push
- Stylo shifts gears with Fashion Grand Prix
- Lonely Planet & Visa make travel easy
- Visa brings security sense to Hong Kong
- Visa aims to cash in on tourism boom
- China launches self-regulation code
- Visa's APAC marketing head quits
- Visa spills YOG spirit with campaign
- Visa bets on digital product for branding
- Visa hits YouTube for creative goal shout
- Visa "Go Fans" goes social
- Visa joins Times Square for football fun
- Visa's FIFA World Cup campaign underway
- Up the ranks: Jan '10