Purse Power: Tips for targeting women online
Susana Tsui (pictured), president of Neo@Ogilvy Asia Pacific, spells out her top 10 tips for targeting women in the digital world.
1. Don't assume women want female-only content. They access neutral content as regularly as men.
2. Go social: Women tend to connect more through social networks.
3. Build rich content: Build experiences for women and not just editorial.
4. Entertain: Asian women are big online gamers, especially in the downloading of music, videos and applications.
5. Talk to women, don't talk at them.
6. Make yourself useful and helpful. Create apps or functional content. Utility is preferred over editorial content.
7. Don't expect information exchange - earn it. Earn their trust before asking for personal information.
8. Make mobile easy. Don't create an entry or participation barrier.
9. Don't just stick to the web - women use many other screens, especially mobile and interactive TV.
10. Offer value-adds in the form of group buying or flash sales discounts.
This article was first published in the August edition of Marketing.
Festival of Media Asia
The Festival of Media Asia is coming to Singapore in November in partnership with Marketing Magazine.
For speaker information and event details see the site festivalofmedia.com/asia
Neo@Ogilvy Related Stories:
- Cheong to head Neo@Ogilvy Singapore
- Land Rover all set to 'Evoque' Malaysians
- Neo@Ogilvy launches SG hub
- Yahoo! to review media buying business
- Acuvue Define goes digital with Ogilvy
- Neo@Ogilvy boosts Hong Kong operations
- Lenovo continues youth focus with Xiao Ben
- Ford Mondeo arrives with marketing push
- Neo@Ogilvy brings Mitchell on board
- OMD China shakes up digital offering
- Neo@Ogilvy Singapore boosts senior management
- Tsui anointed Neo@Ogilvy regional head
- Neo@Ogilvy to streamline digital across China
- Heath and Cheong appointed to O&M Worldwide Board
- To be or not to be the MDA?
- Leo Burnett hires CFO for Malaysia and Singapore
- Malaysia gets neo@Ogilvy
- Neo@Ogilvy partners Baidu for search
- 2007: In the fast track
- Neo@Ogilvy inks mobile deal with MyClick