Bernas fills bowls for humanity
Malaysia - Padiberas Nasional Berhad (Bernas) has launched a nationwide CSR campaign themed 'Bowls for Humanity' aimed at reaching out to orphans and launched an accompanying ad campaign.
Rolled out on 28 July, the overall initiative will last four years with the first phase currently underway and set to run until year-end. Print ads have gone live across various major dailies such as The Star, Utusan Malaysia, Harian Metro, and the New Straits Times.
Meanwhile, outdoor executions include billboard exposure at selected spots across the Klang Valley with TV spots airing on Media Prima's TV3 and ntv7 as well as RTM stations.
The primary goal behind the CSR push is to donate 25 grams of rice to the under-privileged for every 10-kg pack purchased by locals at any retail outlet country-wide.
Also, a dedicated microsite is being set up to drive further awareness amongst the public and will soon be made live. Various other charitable activities in urban and rural areas are also part of the campaign line-up.
Several other Bernas subsidiaries like Jasmine Food Corporation, Serba Wangi, Era Bayam (Peninsula Malaysia), Sabarice (Sabah), and Liansin Trading (Sarawak) are on board to support the effort.
Ogilvy & Mather is behind all creative and digital duties while communications and media relations are being led by Ogilvy PR.
Bernas and its group of companies are involved in the procurement and processing of paddy as well as the importation, warehousing, distribution and marketing of rice in the country.
Festival of Media Asia
The Festival of Media Asia is coming to Singapore in November in partnership with Marketing Magazine.
For speaker information and event details see the site festivalofmedia.com/asia
- Ogilvy Public Relations Worldwide
- Ogilvy and Mather
- Media Prima Bhd
- Radio Televisyen Malaysia (RTM)
Ogilvy Public Relations Worldwide Related Stories:
- Ogilvy PR zooms in on B2B companies
- Internal comms: Keeping the house in order
- UFC taps Ogilvy PR for ultimate Macau event
- Ogilvy PR zooms in on analyst relations
- Is social media trustworthy?
- Zurich Insurance makes its mark
- Triple treat for Ogilvy, despite shake up
- Ogilvy PR ups social marketing offerings
- Ogilvy PR adds global task
- Agency-brief: Investing in new-age PR will pay dividends
- Ogilvy PR acquires Mind Resource
- AEM rides in with Ogilvy PR
- Harley-Davidson APAC appoints Ogilvy PR
- Ogilvy PR wins global BMC account
- Sina hires Ogilvy to spearhead Weibo push
- Is your market ready for social media?
- MAS handpicks Ogilvy PR
- Shell tows away across the Peninsula
- Ogilvy PR explores Mongolia
- DealExtreme shops with Ogilvy PR