MediaCorp promotes Seow to CEO
MEDIACORP PUBLISHING SINGAPORE SHAUN SEOW
Singapore - MediaCorp has promoted deputy chief executive officer Shaun Seow (pictured) as its CEO and Board Director, concluding the firm's search to fill the position after the departure of Lucas Chow.
Seow has been MediaCorp's deputy CEO since 2005, overseeing a range of business lines spanning television, radio, print, interactive and outdoor media. He started his media career more than 20 years ago after a stint in the administrative service.
He was a newspaper journalist at Singapore Press Holdings and Japan's Nihon Kezai Shimbun, before switching to a broadcasting role at Television Corporation of Singapore. There, he worked as a news director and TV host, and was instrumental in launching Channel NewsAsia internationally.
Teo Ming Kian, MediaCorp Chairman said in a statement: "The time for renewal of leadership is most appropriate as the company prepares itself for the move to a new campus at Mediapolis over the next few years."
"I am very pleased that the new CEO is a homegrown talent from within the organisation. Having experienced and run the whole gamut of the media business, Shaun is a most worthy successor and I have every confidence that he will be able to harness the strengths of the company."
Seow said: "One of my priorities is seeking a deeper understanding of our audience's needs; while what we broadcast, publish or produce may not be everyone's idea of what is entertaining or informative, we will definitely aim to grow our audiences and create value."
"Innovating to stay relevant will be crucial. I am also quietly confident that the company, with its substrate of diverse and valued content, will be able to make its mark internationally, making MediaCorp a company Singapore can be proud of."
Have you joined the campaign for free content?
Subscribe to Marketing and marketing-interactive for FREE:
- Mediacorp Pte Ltd
Mediacorp Pte Ltd Related Stories:
- MediaCorp pumps funds into Reebonz
- Sofialys makes bigger inroads in SG
- KFC fires up, StarHub in Facebook push
- MediaCorp launches trade marketing unit
- Clifton Yong resigns from MediaCorp
- Local broadcasters to go digital
- MediaCorp to operate media screens at Bugis
- MediaCorp appoints JWT for OTT biz
- MediaCorp: What were they thinking?
- MediaCorp to launch piggy back channels
- Measuring OOH advertising
- MediaCorp CEO Lucas Chow quits
- All things to all clients
- 4As sends letter to MediaCorp
- MediaCorp appoints ad agent in China
- MediaCorp rewards its top spenders
- Major advertisers by-pass AORs
- MediaCorp HR lures talent with star power
- Digital is the new Style:
- MediaCorp and telcos sign deal for FIFA 2010