New IF in town
Malaysia - Following an acquisition exercise by Aegis Media in 2008, home-grown agency IF Interactive has joined digital agency network Isobar, marking the integration with a new brand name - IF Isobar.
During the launch event held last week, global chief strategy officer of Isobar and APAC CEO, Jean Lin, said the network was proud to welcome IF on board.
"With this rebranding, we will have an exceptional base of talents to build upon the success in the Asia Pacific region, particularly in Malaysia. We are definitely looking forward to the cross cultural exchanges and knowledge sharing, to create irresistible ideas that will truly benefit the network and our clients in the long run," she added.
Also present at the launch event was executive chairman of Aegis Media, Margaret Lim (pictured), who said the IF team had "done us proud". Lim also shared that as a group, Aegis Media now boasts over RM 550 million in billings.
The local outfit began operations in 2002 and in six years, had collected over 68 awards to its name.
The IF Isobar team, which numbers 30 in staff strength, can now leverage on a network that spans across 32 markets worldwide with 2,200 people.
According to its founders, Chris Koh and Liew Sanyen, the agency will continue to embody the spirit they have manifested (when known as IF Interactive) with this rebranding, describing its addition to the Isobar network, as the "perfect marriage".
Creative director Liew said although the line separating mainstream from digital advertising has blurred, "the bottom line has always been to offer audiences an engaging experience regardless of the platform."
Executive director Koh added: "The emphasis is on creating time and not just buying time from consumers; by engaging them throughout 365 days a year, versus a conventional 360 degrees communication plan. This philosophy allows us to offer a body of work that stays relevant to consumers."
Where previously the agency focused on short-term projects for its clientele, it will now look towards bigger, long-term projects and aim to not just provide digital services but also media neutral, problem-solving solutions.
Key clients in the agency's portfolio include Unilever (Sunsilk, Rexona and Axe brands), Sony Ericsson, KFC, UMWT and Lexus.
Have you joined the campaign for free content?
Subscribe to Marketing and marketing-interactive for FREE:
Breaking news and intelligent analysis. Always free.
- Aegis Media
- IF Interactive
- IF Isobar
Isobar Related Stories:
- Ryan heads to Singapore for senior Isobar role
- wwwins Isobar boosts creative talent in China
- wwwins Isobar munches on Oreo
- Brand’s goes HaHa this CNY
- Isobar puts emphasis on Kellogg
- Isobar to boost innovation down under
- Holden keeps holding onto Visual Jazz Isobar
- adidas launches interactive TV mobile app
- HKBN names digital partner
- Isobar wins global duties for Rosewood
- wwwins Isobar hires Tribal DDB's Chiu
- Isobar ropes in Rapp’s Roy
- wwwins Isobar boosts digital media team
- In BRIEF: TBWA, Isobar, Rantau, Catcha
- Isobar mixes it up with Visual Jazz
- Isobar Indonesia appoints ECD
- PROFILE: Raising the digital bar
- Ryan takes on a new role at Isobar
- Aegis beefs up mobile offering
- Wwwins Isobar promotes creative partner