Smyllie promoted to new Aegis regional team
Regional - Aegis Media has promoted James Smyllie to regional business director, shifting him from his base in Hong Kong to Singapore.
Smyllie, previously with Carat Hong Kong, will work closely with Sean O'Brien, chief client officer Aegis Media Asia Pacific, to work across Aegis Media's portfolio of key international clients.
His new role is expected to be the first of many changes to the agency's regional management team under O'Brien's direction.
"Having worked at Carat for over four happy and successful years, it was time for a change. I was delighted when asked to join the growing Aegis Media APAC regional team," Smyllie said.
"We have a dynamic new management team here which has the right strategy for growth in the region, and I am very excited to be part of it."
Have you joined the campaign for free content?
Subscribe to Marketing and marketing-interactive for FREE:
- Carat Hong Kong
- Aegis Media
Carat Hong Kong Related Stories:
- So you think you're social
- Carat toasts with Pernod Ricard
- Carat scores US$20m KTO pitch
- FANCL drops MediaCom for Carat
- Carat lands US$2m Sky Deck business
- Bossini dresses up M&M's for Halloween push
- Tourism Australia sets strong digital tone
- Carat lands US$20m Seoul media business
- Chu rejoins Carat Hong Kong in MD role
- Tribal DDB nabs Carat's strategy director
- Commercial Radio tunes in to iPhone apps
- Aegis rules out a Carat and wwwins merger
- Management overhaul at Aegis Hong Kong
- Esprit mulls next move for New Face work
- ANZ bank hands media duties to Carat
- Esprit kick starts hunt for next ad star
- New business nosedives in first half
- wwwins bowls over the competition
- Cancer Fund launches awareness drive
- Carat and wwwins launch digital JV