SMG India makes top rank changes
India - Starcom MediaVest Group (SMG) India, has promoted three general managers to the post of vice-president as part of a restructure.
While Dinesh Rathore was the GM of the Mumbai branch, Narendra Alambara was in charge of Chennai and Sriram Sharma the head of the Bengaluru office.
Rathore (pictured), Alambara and Sharma, in their new roles as vice-presidents, will be part of the national leadership team and continue to report to Mallikarjunadas CR, chief executive officer, SMG.
Rathore, who until now, was general manager, India - West, MediaVest Worldwide, started his career with Mudra Communications, Ahmedabad. In March 2000, he joined Starcom, Bengaluru, and has worked on brands such as Toyota, Sun Microsystems, Sab Miller India, WorldSpace, Essilor. He also played a key role in launching Air Deccan.
Alambara has been instrumental in setting up the operation of Starcom Chennai in 2005. He has over 15 years of experience across account planning and media planning functions. Prior to joining SMG, he was heading Initiative and MPG in the South.
Sharma has over 13 years of experience in media planning, media buying and strategic brand building and prior to Starcom, he was the general manager of Maxus, Bengaluru. In the past, he has worked with OnMobile Global, where he played a key role in launching AdRBT, wherein targeted ad jingles could be played to the end consumers.
In an official statement, Mallikarjunadas said: "Their passion for product, people and process is well-known, and I am confident that as part of the national leadership team, they will continue adding more value to clients and the company."
- Starcom MediaVest Group
Starcom MediaVest Group Related Stories:
- SMG promotes Somanathan to regional role
- Media buying: How to invest right
- SMV Group digital director leaves
- Starcom boosts digital team in China
- SMG appoints Mallikarjunadas as CEO
- China gears towards sophisticated luxury
- Heineken picks Starcom for global duties
- Snickers hungry for Football
- Starcom bolsters research in Asia Pacific
- SMG appoints president of global ops
- SMG realigns global ops
- DiGi gets social with Super Reload
- SMG pulls off a clean sweep at FOM Awards
- Starcom MediaVest India switches CEOs
- The DiGi-Berry saga continues
- Starcom names new client service director
- Doris Kuok joins Starcom
- Sane exits Starcom, not to be replaced
- Starcom appoints global search head
- SMG's LiquidThread debuts in APAC