WPP hires Mudra's Gupta for P&G
Regional - Anurag Gupta (pictured), former chief strategy officer at Mudra Max has joined WPP, in a regional role for its Procter & Gamble (P&G) account.
P&G deals in consumer products in pharmaceuticals, cleaning supplies, personal care, and pet supplies.
Gupta, whose exact designation is yet to be decided, will be based in Singapore, and report to the head of the P&G business of the Asia-Pacific (APAC) region.
Confirming the news to afaqs!, Gupta said: "In WPP, I will be required to project the capabilities of WPP as a group for P&G, in the APAC regions. This will include looking after various activations for P&G such as digital, retail and shopper marketing at a regional level."
Gupta, has spent 14 years in the advertising, marketing and brand management sectors, and has worked in various agencies such as Grey Worldwide, Lowe, and Draft Worldwide, Kenya, before joining OgilvyAction as president.
He later switched to Mudra Max as president, strategic initiatives and integration in 2008, and was promoted to his current role in May 2010.
He has worked with various brands such as Unilever, ICICI Bank, Motorola, Vodafone, Castrol, and Nestle, among others.
- Mudra Max
WPP Related Stories:
- TNS fuels up for automotive expansion
- WPP to merge G2 and OgilvyAction
- AdPeople expands Asia footprint
- Mindshare ties up with Masscom on Unilever
- WPP brings audience buying firm to HK
- Xaxis launches RTB for digital radio
- Maxus and ADK scale up partnership
- Bessie Lee takes the reigns at WPP China
- China brands grow on international stage
- Staying on Chinese shoppers’ radars
- JWT taps Doctoroff for Asia CEO role
- WPP creates single unit for Colgate
- WPP accelerates digital growth with latest buy
- WPP renews focus on creative agencies
- WPP makes major digital investment
- Investors vote down Sorrell's fat pay cheque
- Chunawala heads Cohn & Wolfe India
- Cultural vibrancy key to brand success
- Xaxis launches APAC headquarters
- WPP nabs Bank of America global creative