Y&R hires Thorne to lead Colgate-Palmolive
Regional - Y&R appointed has David Thorne as regional account managing director to oversee the Colgate-Palmolive account across the region.
Thorne (pictured) joins from Saatchi & Saatchi where he was regional director EMEA for P&G's Head & Shoulders brand.
Based in Hong Kong, he will report to Stephen Forcione, president of International business at Y&R and managing partner for Colgate-Palmolive throughout WPP.
He fills the role which was vacant after Jaime Prieto was promoted to the position of president, Y&R EMEA.
Thorne brings more than 20 years experience in advertising and brand communications, in the past having had stints at Ogilvy and McCann Erickson. He has worked with clients such as P&G, Nestle, Motorola and Coca Cola among others in the past.
Have you joined the campaign for free content?
Subscribe to Marketing and marketing-interactive for FREE:
- Young and Rubicam
Young and Rubicam Related Stories:
- Cancer Society ruffles women's skirts
- Y&R ties up with Hancomm
- 2013: It isn't business as usual
- How Caltex maneuvered its global rebrand
- Y&R wins Media Prima account
- Y&R finds market research partner
- What Singaporean youths want
- Vietnam comes of age
- WPP creates single unit for Colgate
- M1 retains Y&R
- Y&R China ropes in creative lead
- Danone’s Aqua wants to keep Indonesia clean
- TAFEP encourages mutual respect at work
- Y&R's VML acquires Qais
- Colgate looks beyond Y&R
- NEWS IN BRIEF: 10 November 2011
- Bank of Singapore gets relational
- FOMA Focus: William J. Manfredi
- Brand's tests locals for alertness
- Caltex pampers motorists