Toyota ranks 1st in supplier relations
Global - Toyota has topped the list among car makers for its supplier relations by tier one suppliers, according to a study.
The annual report by analyst firm Planning Perspectives stated that Toyota earned 327 on the Working Relations Index, with Honda close behind at 309, followed by Ford, Nissan, General Motors and Chrysler.
The poll addressed supplier relations issues such as payment speed, communication, and support provision, Procurement Leaders reported.
However, the report was conducted before the recent disasters in Japan, according to John Henke Jr., president of Planning Perspectives.
"Suppliers constantly say they provide the best people and the best support to those companies that are most trusting - just as you do more for friends you trust than those you don't," he added.
Managing people? For HR and leadership strategy, Human Resources has it covered.
Get your marketing department up to speed with Asia's most read marketing site
Toyota Related Stories:
- Toyota drives guests around
- Toyota names new marketing EVP
- Toyota renames in China in rescue efforts
- Market dispute hurts manufacturers
- Japan car makers pull back in China
- How brands hangout on Google+
- BFM: Marketing to Malay consumers
- Toyota to invest 15b yen in Indonesia
- HR Weekly Recap: CEOs feel the pinch as Asian bankers face cuts
- Toyota rolls out first round of redundancies
- Toyota comes up with a perfect arrangement
- Toyota seeks help from South Korean suppliers
- Europe crisis causes Japan manufacturing decline
- Toyota works on Canadian rare earth mine
- Toyota, BMW steer into green tech
- Auto giants to resume Thai ops
- Toyota recalls 500k vehicles
- Thai floods dampen Toyota's output
- Toyota workers threatened by unions
- Toyota to strengthen export support