Volkswagen looks to create 'the people's' car
Called "The People's Car Project", the project invites the public to log onto to a specially created site to submit ideas for the Volkswagen model of the future. The site allows people to create, personalise, design and share their ideas with others.Paul Hu, head of Volkswagen brand marketing China, said The People's Car Project redefines what it means to be Volkswagen.
"We’re facilitating a new dialogue through an interactive cross-media platform," he said.
"Engaging people with content to inspire, tools to create and personalise, and environments where they can discuss design, share innovative ideas, and connect with each other to create collective visions for what a car should be; created by the people, for the people.”
Devin Beringer, strategy director at Proximity China, which worked on the campaign, said The People’s Car Project combines all the new and the traditional tools of marketing with the core principles of relationship marketing.
Have you joined the campaign for free content?
Subscribe to Marketing and marketing-interactive for FREE:
Proximity Related Stories:
- Fraser takes on expanded role at Proximity
- BBDO Guerrero wins Manila Water pitch
- TomTom chooses Proximity
- BBDO/Proximity appoints ECD
- BBDO/Proximity gets digital head for SG
- Proximity China beefs leadership team
- Koay steps up to helm Proximity
- Yellow Pages draws users with pizza hunt
- P&G dial in BBDO/Proximity
- Juggi made BBDO/Proximity creative lead
- BBDO/Proximity brings on regional PR director
- Thomas takes on additional BBDO role
- BBDO gulps OldTown White Coffee creative
- Rapp names new creative director
- Aviva sets badminton world record
- Omnicom's mobile outfit pairs up with BBDO/Proximity
- Aviva ramps up integration
- Bosch names media after creative
- Fraser to lead Asia as Bond goes global
- BBDO/Proximity bolsters senior ranks