Weber expands OZ ops, names new GM
Sydney - Weber Shandwick has expanded its operations in Australia with a new office in Melbourne headed by Simon Schweigert as general manager.
Simon Schweigert (pictured) will be responsible for leading the development and expansion of its local operations and integrate services with the team in Sydney. He will report to Ian Rumsby, chairman of Weber Shandwick Australia.
He was previously managing director at Peninsula Partnerships and has worked at various multi-national agencies across Asia.
Rumsby said the appointment will help build and strengthen the agency's Australia-wide service offering and drive its presence in the Melbourne market.
Have you joined the campaign for free content?
Subscribe to Marketing and marketing-interactive for FREE:
- Weber Shandwick
Weber Shandwick Related Stories:
- Weber takes full ownership of India operation
- Weber names Australia MD
- Weber Shandwick boosts China team
- Weber Shandwick retains MasterCard
- 7-Eleven markets with sweets and a big heart
- Weber Shandwick ropes in Alsagoff
- Weber Shandwick inks social deal in Korea
- SCAD finds new PR support
- Weber Shandwick builds digital ability
- Weber to take Chinese brands to the world
- Weber Shandwick appoints Philippines lead
- Weber Shandwick to back Tokyo Olympic bid
- Great Britain hits HK with Weber Shandwick
- Weber Shandwick goes on a winning streak
- CEO reputation matters more in China
- In BRIEF: Weber Shandwick, RSN, SMA
- Why Nike could be the next ESPN
- Weber Shandwick changes the guards
- Rolls-Royce hands regional PR to Weber
- In reputation we trust