Nom Nom cultivates Grapevine
Malaysia - Offering marketers a fresh platform for brand growth, Nom Nom Media has introduced a new online advertising solution called "Grapevine" with DiGi Telecommunications already signed on for the service.
Incorporating technology which complements Nuffnang's existing inventory of display ads, The Grapevine is aimed at making marketing campaigns go viral via word of mouth, allowing those viewing the ads to share them with their friends and family.
The offering adds a social media element to banner ads, enabling hype over a marketing campaign to spread beyond the blogosphere. It works on the basis of each ad unit generating a URL unique to every user which can be spread via various other social media platforms like Facebook and Twitter at the user's convenience.
Earnings generated from clicks on the said URLs can subsequently be redeemed by signing up for a Churp Churp account to ultimately connect with other social media users on the same platforms.
"With display ads, the reach of marketing campaigns is limited to the audience within the blogosphere. The Grapevine increases our user base, thus turning Malaysian blog-readers into influencers we can tap into for campaigns," said Nicholas Chay, country manager, Nom Nom Media.
He added the potential audience on social media platforms is much larger than that of the blogosphere.
Nom Nom Media is the digital reseller for online advertising platforms Nuffnang and Churp Churp.
Have you joined the campaign for free content?
Subscribe to Marketing and marketing-interactive for FREE:
Breaking news and intelligent analysis. Always free.
- Nuffnang Group
- DiGi Telecommunications
- Nom Nom Media
Nuffnang Group Related Stories:
- Nuffnang launches app for "social stalking"
- Bloggers prepare for anti-cyber crime law
- How to yield the marketing power of blogs?
- Nuffnang celebrates with awards ceremony
- Nuffnang expands to Thailand
- Nuffnang brews internet storm for Dentyne
- Nuffnang taps China's blogger community
- Spread the message, not AIDS
- DiGi finds angels on Nuffnang
- Alliance Bank’s nagging mum goes viral
- Project Alpha 2 rocks social media sphere
- Online success for Sony contest
- TLC says "Promise Me"
- Astro B.yond PVR targets social media savvy
- Youth'10 draws huge media crowd
- Mister Potato taps Prince of Persia
- Gatsby taps Nuffnang for record turnout
- EON Bank show fight for new customers
- Malaysia's funniest Slurpee home videos
- Nuffnang founders launch Nom Nom