IPG realigns Mediabrands, moves Freeman to McCann
Global - Interpublic Group (IPG) has announced a realignment of its Mediabrands unit and the transfer of Matt Freeman (pictured) to the newly-created role of vice-chairman, global chief innovation officer at McCann Erickson.
To further support its client-centric strategy and effective immediately, Mediabrands will realign its operating units formerly under Mediabrands Ventures.
Commenting on the move to a new 'cluster' structure, Matt Seiler, Global CEO of Mediabrands Worldwide said: "Today marks the second phase of this process, as we continue to forecast market changes and organize our businesses to help our clients navigate in the dynamic media and marketing environment."
As part of the refinement of its business structure, the IPG LAB will play an increased role at Mediabrands by helping clients vet offerings and tailor services to meet business needs.
The agency will also invest in the development of The Audience Platform (TAP), the next stage in the development of the Cadreon advertising exchange, which will further enable its technologies and services to unlock new value across the network.
Finally, Mediabrands will be organizing its operating units by the benefits each of them delivers. Three different 'benefit bundles' will be based on service commonalities to further support UM and Initiative as they seek to deliver more customized solutions for clients.
In his new role as vice-chairman, global chief innovation officer, Freeman will be reporting to Nick Brien, chairman and CEO McCann Worldgroup.
"Matt is a marketing visionary. He understands the intersection of media, creativity, and technology whilst anticipating how to harness them to build brands," said Brien.
"His digital expertise, strong entrepreneurial spirit and proven business acumen will strengthen McCann Erickson's transformation as the world's leading marketing solutions network," he added.
Freeman's key responsibilities will include harnessing the network's digital offering, building new digital capabilities to meet client needs, and forging partnerships that will enable new revenue streams and exclusive opportunities for McCann Worldgroup clients.
Freeman joined IPG in January, 2010, helping to scale the group's media technology offering globally and launching industry-leading new initiatives in areas such as hyper local, retail and mobile marketing.
Prior to becoming CEO of Mediabrands Ventures, Freeman was CEO of VC-backed digital media start-up Betawave and was the founder and CEO of Omnicom Group's Tribal DDB Worldwide.
Have you joined the campaign for free content?
Subscribe to Marketing and marketing-interactive for FREE:
- Interpublic Group
- McCann Erickson
Interpublic Group Related Stories:
- IPG agencies join forces, Getty gets onto Twitter
- SABIC picks IPG as global partner
- Harris Diamond to succeed Nick Brien as McCann CEO
- Reprise Media expands nationally
- IPG rebrands OOH agency
- Chevy creates Commonwealth for creative biz
- IPG acquires UK’s Frukt Communications
- No doom or gloom as WPP nets big profits
- Lowe acquires 303 Advertising
- IPG realigns Mediabrands unit
- Zuji appoints Reprise Media Down Under
- China brands can compete on the global stage
- Lowe Beijing sets expansion plans
- 10% Q2 Revenue Spike for IPG
- APAC online advertising to hit US$12 billion
- IPG upgrades China ad forecasts to US$21bn
- Merck selects IPG team for media biz
- Unilever confirms media agency roster
- R/GA plots international outposts
- It's Official: IPG Combines Deutsch and Lowe