Netball's Netalia debuts
Singapore - Netball Singapore, the organisers of the upcoming Netball World Championships 2011, has launched its event mascot, Netalia, created by Dentsu Singapore.
The concept has also been adopted across a through-the-line campaign.
Alongwith the mascot, which spots a head of ‘fiery dreadlocks' and was christened Netalia, after a naming contest, Dentsu has also developed the event's logo.
Cyrus Medora, executive director of Netball Singapore said: "As this is the world championships, we aim not just to be good hosts, but also to create a lasting legacy worldwide with the event's identity. We're confident that the inspiring designs will help us achieve that".
"The designs are aligned with the overall concept of ‘Turn Up the Heat' for this championships - in reference to both the competition and the tropical allure of host Singapore," Alan Lim, head of Dentsu Singapore's Sports Business Division, said.
The Netball World Championships will be held in Singapore from 3-10 July 2011.
Have you joined the campaign for free content?
Subscribe to Marketing and marketing-interactive for FREE:
Dentsu Related Stories:
- Dentsu creates new role for talent aquisition
- Dentsu strengthens its hold over SEA
- Dentsu Singapore hires digital lead
- Vision Critical partners with Dentsu
- Dentsu launches Dentsu Aegis Network
- Dentsu opens office in Myanmar
- 2013: It isn't business as usual
- New brands flutter with iButterfly
- Helping HR become social
- Catching butterflies at KLIA
- DDB's Van Motman resurfaces at Dentsu Asia
- Dentsu bags tourism media duties
- Tognum takes Asia focus, picks agencies
- Dentsu-Aegis: Deal of the decade?
- Dentsu acquires Aegis in US$4.9bn deal
- DentsuINDIO shuts down
- Dentsu Möbius makes key regional hires
- Media Palette names new digital lead
- In BRIEF: Yakult, Celebrity Chef, BBC
- Anime Festival Asia debuts in Malaysia