MAS narrows it down to two
Malaysia – Malaysia Airlines has shortlisted two agencies to manage its social media business, but incumbent agency Fleishman-Hillard has been knocked out of the running.
The face-off will see Text 100 and Ogilvy & Mather compete for the airline company's social media business in a final round of presentations kicking-off soon.
On 7 March, A+M reported those involved in the exercise which began in late February 2010 included Universal McCann, Fleishman-Hillard (FH), Starcom MediaVest, PR Element, Text 100, and O&M. FH is the incumbent on the account.
With the competitive assessment still in play at this point, the appointment of the new agency will most likely take place in early or mid April, according to sources close to the pitch.
Have you joined the campaign for free content?
Subscribe to Marketing and marketing-interactive for FREE:
Breaking news and intelligent analysis. Always free.
- Malaysia Airlines
- Text 100
- Ogilvy and Mather
Malaysia Airlines Related Stories:
- What AirAsia could have done differently?
- The AirAsia vs MAS saga continues?
- Case study: MAS’ oneworld campaign
- Marketing Excellence Awards judges announced
- MAS appoints communications head
- MAS celebrates 40th with year-long campaign
- MAS returns with CIMB Classics
- MAS' Al-Ishsal Ishak leaves post
- Expedia and MAS make travelling easier
- MAS calls for media pitch
- MAS found guilty of price-fixing
- Airlines look for partners
- Countdown to Agency awards underway
- MAS offers unpaid leave to contain cost
- H&M to open at Lot10, MAS shortlists entries
- MAS reworks procurement plans
- Data-based marketing strategies vital
- AOTY Malaysia Judges Revealed
- MAS explains child-free zone on A380
- MAS and Bangkok Airways begin code share