Microsoft splits global media duties
Global - UM has lost a share of the global US$1 billion Microsoft media account to Starcom Mediavest, but will continue to operate Microsoft's media across Asia Pacific.
The result follows a pitch the tech giant called in January this year.
Starcom Mediavest Group (SMG) will now be Microsoft's agency of record for global media strategy and activation. It will also be responsible for all media planning and buying in the US and Canada.
Meanwhile, UM will take charge of the media duties in close to 35 markets outside North America.
"We look forward to partnering with SMG to drive exciting and engaging ways to deliver creative content to our customers in today's dynamic media marketplace," a statement from Microsoft said.
Have you joined the campaign for free content?
Subscribe to Marketing and marketing-interactive for FREE:
- Universal McCann
- Starcom Mediavest
Universal McCann Related Stories:
- Brand’s goes HaHa this CNY
- MasterCard makes Singapore priceless
- UM adds Claire's to China roster
- UM nabs Starcom's Bowling
- Vitamin Water dances Gangnam style
- UM names managing partner for Cathay
- UM wins Carrefour media duties
- UM bags Ernst & Young global duties
- UM China wins Chrysler Group
- UM's Brett Stewart joins OMD International
- Suntec chooses UM
- In BRIEF: UM, Heineken, PSB, TBWA
- UM bags H&M's media biz in Malaysia
- The New Straits Times gets talking
- Brands welcome on social media
- Screen of Choice
- FOMA Focus: Jacki Kelley, Universal McCann
- UM big winner in ExxonMobil review
- FT pushes deeper online engagement
- UM tightens ad targeting for Zuji