Digital Mashup over drinks, anybody?
Malaysia - The Digital Creative Practitioners Mashup has issued a call for interested digital practitioners to join in on their monthly sessions.
The independent, non-profit group seeks to connect digitally-inclined professionals from various backgrounds and congregates monthly to share ideas and knowledge.
The gathering works to combine the contributions of participants, comprising of developers, designers, strategists, technologists, planners, entrepreneurs as well as social media and advertising specialists.
At each digital mashup after a round of catching up over drinks, each attendee gives a five to seven minute presentation on a predetermined topic after breaking into small groups, following which, a session of brainstorming and interactive discussions lift-off soon after.
With the first mashup having kicked-off in December 2010, co-founder Joel Lim, creative group head at Naga DDB said the group is at an emerging state of development and its founders have observed acceleration in organic numerical growth.
"We'll become more diverse as we grow. We see ourselves as a community of practice that believes in sharing ideas and knowledge in an effort to get better at what we do."
Adding there are many digitally-talented people in the country, he said he felt they needed to come together, not to talk about the business side of new media but to connect on a more inspiring level as a collaborative, generative community.
The primary objective of the initiative is to motivate the emergence of more ground-breaking ideas from the local creative industry.
"Members who create awesome, original work for their clients, as a result of being inspired by a mashup would be fantastic. We have plans to do more as a collective beyond a monthly gathering. Stay tuned," Lim told A+M.
The events are by invitation only, on a member-invite-member basis, however the group is keen to increase its number of participants and has asked for interested practitioners to get in touch.
For more information, visit http://www.digitalmashup.org
Have you joined the campaign for free content?
Subscribe to Marketing and marketing-interactive for FREE:
- Naga DDB
Naga DDB Related Stories:
- Up close with Naga DDB
- Case Study: Insuring a future for youth
- The MARKies celebrates outstanding works
- Old Town shifts to Euro RSCG
- Masterchef Malaysia kicks off with a campaign
- DiGi highlights the value of an apology
- Canned Ramadan PSA ads "poorly done"
- Lim leaves Naga after 20-year run
- MAS narrows creative race down to nine
- Naga DDB secures Prudential's creative biz
- Tackling the industry's 'T'eething troubles
- Media evolution: Conflict or collaboration?
- Munchy’s on robotic fun spree
- The DiGi-Berry saga continues
- Milk + Co appoints new GM and CD
- Naga’s Lim joins Intercontinental panel
- Naga and TBWA secure DiGi creative biz
- DiGi pitch dialled down a notch
- Four dial in for DiGi’s creative review
- DiGi drives the Berry on Yahoo!