Leo Burnett snares more Samsung work
India - Leo Burnett's association with Samsung has strengthened with the electronics group awarding the creative mandate for its refrigerator business to the agency.
The movement follows a multi-agency pitch called by Samsung last month, with the need for a fresh approach in mind.
Cheil Worldwide was the incumbent on the account and will continue to handle its international account. Media duties remain with Starcom Worldwide.
Arvind Sharma (pictured), chairman and chief executive officer at Leo Burnett India, confirmed the development.
"We are delighted to be working on the account and are also happy that our relationship with Samsung is extending into other categories," Sharma said. Leo Burnett will soon launch the summer campaign for Samsung Refrigerators, Sharma added.
Samsung repositioned Samsung Refrigerators last summer with the 'Frrrunch' campaign, with the idea to continue its focus on freshness. The idea was to combine the words 'fresh' and 'crunchy'.
Designed by Cheil Worldwide, the umbrella campaign was used across Samsung's select categories of refrigerators. Each category boasted of a key feature that would help keep food fresh for long.
The different categories of Samsung Refrigerators include French Door, Bottom Freezer, Direct Cool, Side by Side, and Frost Free.Afaqs!
- Leo Burnett
- Cheil Worldwide
Leo Burnett Related Stories:
- Leo Burnett appoints ECD
- Twinings Tea appoints Leo Burnett
- Leo Burnett appoints Samsung business lead
- FrieslandCampina and Leo Burnett part ways
- Leo Burnett wins global brief for Pfizer
- Petronas redeems itself with Tau Fu Fah
- Relationships matter more than tech trends
- P&G celebrates Tet with mothers
- 7-Eleven markets with sweets and a big heart
- Samsung embarks on Galaxy Wonderland
- Beacon/Leo Burnett realigns digital effort
- 7-Eleven makes noise with baby on drums
- Ebay classifieds show its humorous side
- Indigo to drive hype for game show launch
- Ducks with flaming gas go viral
- BFM: the future of tobacco brands
- Leo Burnett appoints Kyriakou's replacement
- Be Natural picks agency down under
- Leo Burnett ropes in Rushbrook
- The Curious Cat speaks up about tiles