MTR on track to fix image crisis
Hong Kong - MTR has launched a series of communications initiatives to uphold its brand promise of service excellence after a series of delays and technical errors last two months.
Three special programmes will broadcast on TVB Jade from 3 March to promote MTR's new measures in time of train service suspension, which include more public announcements, LCD screens at entry gates and a custom published guide detailing alternative transport choices at each station.
Jacab Kam, operations director of MTR Corporation, said: "We agree our handling of the situation could be improved, especially in information dissemination, shuttle bus arrangement and timely communication with the Transport Department."
The new measures will also be promoted online and at the stations.
In January, MTR services on the Tung Chung Line were disrupted for almost two hours by a crack in the track, followed by a similar incident between the stations Tsim Sha Tsui and Admiralty in Februay.
Have you joined the campaign for free content?
Subscribe to Marketing and marketing-interactive for FREE:
- MTR Corporation
MTR Corporation Related Stories:
- Pricerite trials e-shop channel at MTR
- MTR PR veteran of 37 years retires
- Jasons spreads Christmas joy to MTR riders
- Gravitas triumphs at Mob-Ex Awards 2012
- Windows 8 goes unseen to be seen
- Tencent pushes WeChat on MTR
- MTR goes interactive with all-in-one booth
- MTR goes 3D
- Brand in crisis: MTR's bad timing
- No eating, no anger, says MTR mascot
- Advertising takes centre stage for the MTR
- JCDecaux on notice with MTR tender
- JCDecaux deepens engagement with brands
- OMD apologises over MTR fiasco
- McDonald's takes top MTR award
- MTR unveils HK’s hidden treasures
- POAD lands MTR street-level billboard biz
- MTR enters into new augmented reality
- Sponsors embrace MTR's Soccer Fever
- Adspend strong as confidence grows