Chui Sui Central: Understand the basics
Blog - Digital and social media marketing are on every brand's agenda, but Waggener Edstrom's Henry Wood argues many are launching chaotic and ad hoc campaigns without understanding the basics of the internet.
To efficiently integrate digital in their marketing mix, Wood says companies need to create industry standards that are applied by all.
"We have these processes for traditional media from print to TV to direct mail, we simply forget we have them because they're so understood," he says.
Find out Wood's plans to get ahead and reduce wasteful, purposeless digital campaigns at Pitch HK.
Have you joined the campaign for free content?
Subscribe to Marketing and marketing-interactive for FREE:
Breaking news and intelligent analysis. Always free.
- Waggener Edstrom Worldwide
Waggener Edstrom Worldwide Related Stories:
- Virgin Active picks agencies ahead of launch
- Sony appoints Waggener for PR duties
- Waggener appoints new GM
- Can HR finally embrace social media?
- Waggener nabs BM's talent
- David Ko departs Waggener Edstrom
- Helping HR become social
- Waggener Edstrom India makes key hires
- Waggener Edstrom opens Swiss office
- Waggener promotes Camoens to GM role
- Waggener Edstrom builds luxury roster
- Changi Airport appoints digital PR shop
- Kowloon Watch says it's time for PR
- Waggener creates new role for Lackie
- Waggener expands South Korea footprint
- In BRIEF: Ogilvy, Effie, Waggener
- Film Society shoots events with WE
- Marketing directors talk social media
- Waggener takes part ownership in Buchan
- What’s next for integrated media?