Channelling the urban interest
Malaysia - FutureLab Asia has launched URBN TV, a social TV network that features made-for-web shows on urban culture which also serves as a platform for brands to reach out to their target audience.
"Several programmes are already in the pipeline for URBN TV. Currently, we are in the process of improving and retrieving content. The programmes are produced through collaboration with artistes and musicians," said Vic Sithasanan (pictured), CEO, FutureLab Asia.
While there are currently no plans to promote the network, campaigns will be held to promote the individual programmes.
Brands are currently being approached to collaborate in the development of content which will allow them to get in touch with the grass roots community. Connecting directly with their intended audience by engaging through content that piques their interest.
URBN TV's initial core audience are urban residents within the range of 16-30 years old.
Although only a few days old, there have already been several thousand views on the videos.
Have you joined the campaign for free content?
Subscribe to Marketing and marketing-interactive for FREE:
Breaking news and intelligent analysis. Always free.
Futurelab Related Stories:
- Next Digital acquires FutureLab Asia
- FutureLab bags Maestro Swiss' digital biz
- Royal Selangor aligns online, retail stores
- FutureLab appoints Rapp's Chu
- Game on for 7-Eleven
- Mercedes-Benz revs up via Facebook
- FutureLab checks in with Prince Hotel
- J&J hands community to FutureLab Asia
- 7-Eleven makes social move with FutureLab
- Creative duo reunited at FutureLab
- Proximity's Vic returns to KL for FutureLab
- OgilvyOne's Tan heads to FutureLab
- Janet Teo's maiden start with Futurelab