Starcom bags Singapore GP's media biz
Regional - Race promoter for the 2011 Singapore Formula One Grand Prix Singapore GP has appointed Starcom Singapore as its media agency-of-record, following a review.
MEC Singapore was the incumbent media agency. Singapore GP called the pitch late last year.
Sasha Rafi, assistant director of advertising and marketing, Singapore GP said: "Starcom Singapore was selected based on their innovative proposal and strong track record in the digital arena. We are confident that Starcom will be able to meet our objectives and successfully contribute to marketing the 2011 Formula 1 Singapore Grand Prix as a must-attend Formula One event."
The task will require the agency to promote the race across the Asia-Pacific, and some key international markets.
On partnering with Singapore GP, Arthur Sung, general manager of Starcom Singapore, said: "The Singapore Grand Prix has, since its inception, become one of the highlights of the Formula One calendar, and is undoubtedly adventurous in its communications. Starcom Singapore is therefore very proud and excited to be given the opportunity to be a part of such a prestigious event."
"We aim to build upon the legacy of this famous event through groundbreaking work in online and offline channels, to connect local and international audiences with the exhilaration and adrenaline rush that this year's race promises," Sung added.
Billed as Singapore's marquee sporting and tourism event, the Formula One Singapore Grand Prix night race is now into its fourth year.
The new business comes hot on the heels of Uniqlo's media account which the agency won last month.
Have you joined the campaign for free content?
Subscribe to Marketing and marketing-interactive for FREE:
Breaking news and intelligent analysis. Always free.
- Starcom Mediavest
- Singapore GP Pte Ltd
Starcom Mediavest Related Stories:
- Twitter, Starcom sign huge ad deal
- Honda drives home message of love
- Starcom CEO: "Media is the next creative"
- Gravitas triumphs at Mob-Ex Awards 2012
- TAFEP retains Starcom Singapore
- Marketers: Mindshare, OMD tops in media
- Study: Vertical channels more effective
- SMG works with TEDxKL again
- Starcom nabs MEC’s deputy GM
- IG Markets Singapore shift media business
- PHD nabs Hotels.com online biz from Starcom
- Marketing TV: The changing media model
- Doublemint backs new China talent show
- Jeffrey Seah takes on Vivaki SEA role
- ZenithOptimedia shores up China digital team
- Digital TV: What's in it for the media industry?
- Cartier odyssey brings brand story to film
- Starcom bags biz worth A$16m in billings
- NEA goes on Eco Sprint
- Samsung ups the ante on tablet wars