Lee's Star gig lands Rishya CEO role
Malaysia - Datuk Vincent Lee (pic) has clarified that his new post as executive deputy chairman for Star Publications (Malaysia) will not conflict with his current standing as executive chairman of Foetus Group.
The 4As president stated in an email interview that since Foetus is predominantly an investment and holding company, no major changes are in the works.
"Nevertheless, Dato' Rishya Joseph is running it [Foetus Group] from now on," he added.
Lee confirmed that the former chairman of Y&R Malaysia has been named to the role of chief executive officer of Foetus Group.
The confirmation ends industry speculation surrounding Rishya's involvement with the company since it was reported that he was working as a consultant with Foetus-owned agency Milk & Co since Sept 2010, after his retirement from Y&R in July of last year.
Industry sources approached by A+M believe that a new team is in the process of being assembled by Rishya, to be under his stewardship within the group.
With his appointment to the Star's board of directors made effective on 4 January, Lee replaces Datuk Clement Hii who after having held the position for two years (January 2009 to January 2011), has completed his term of contract.
In the new role, Lee's responsibilities involve formal exercises for the brand which are more corporate in nature.
The newspaper company's day-to-day operations remain under the headship of group CEO and managing director Datin Linda Ngiam and COO, Ho Kay Tat. Ho rose to the post in July 2010, stepping down from his dual role as MD and editor-in-chief for The Edge Communications.
Have you joined the campaign for free content?
Subscribe to Marketing and marketing-interactive for FREE:
- Star Publications
- Foetus International
Star Publications Related Stories:
- The Star launches motoring pullout
- Ho Kay Tat returns to The Edge
- Star RFM marketing director moves to China
- The Star gets snappy
- Star turns on TV with Li, Life Inspired
- MyStarJob.com goes mobile
- Ho rises as Tan exits Star
- The Star reaches out to Perak
- ntv7 feels good about charity
- Senior Star marketer exits
- Star appoints Astro's Wong to CMO role
- The Star’s biz awards return
- Red FM rewards with cash
- ING names new branding head
- Azura Annuar quits The Star
- Burger King angers Whopper
- The Star launches business award
- Wong Chun Wai lands boardroom seat
- The Star steps up Sarawak, eyes Sabah
- Aegis hands trading director role to David Ho