RMIT kicks off green efforts for adidas
Asia – RMIT University and adidas have signed a research contract worth US$207,000 to work on the sustainable manufacturing of sports apparel and shoes in Asia.
A multi-disciplinary research team at RMIT will be identifying sustainable manufacturing capabilities and requirements of adidas’ suppliers in Indonesia, as well as establish a series of projects for improvement.
Led by Professor Aleksandar Subic, head of RMIT’s school of aerospace, mechanical and manufacturing engineering, this research aims to ensure constant competitiveness and leadership of the sporting giant’s suppliers.
“Our objective is to assist our partner adidas to achieve excellence in sustainable manufacturing of sports apparel and footwear across the entire supply chain, starting with Indonesia in the first phase of the project,” he said.
William Anderson, head of social and environmental affairs for Asia Pacific at adidas Group said, “RMIT secured this assignment based on their strengths in engineering, depth of understanding of sustainable manufacturing processes and their ongoing commitment to education in the region, which is exemplified by their Vietnam campuses.”
Meanwhile, a regional Sustainable Manufacturing Institute or standardised training for manufacturing operations in Indonesia, China and Vietnam will be considered in the final phase of the project under the partnership agreement, Fibre2fashion reported.
Managing people? For HR and leadership strategy, Human Resources has it covered.
Get your marketing department up to speed with Asia's most read marketing site
adidas Related Stories:
- adidas consolidates social media duties
- Adidas connects with its girly side
- Data deluge: Getting CRM basics right
- Adidas dares fans to find fast
- adidas lures fans with hip hop
- Bieber fronts adidas NEO Label
- Kellogg-Wilmar JV, RedPrairie picked
- Adidas goes gymming across the region
- Adidas thrives in pain
- adidas launches interactive TV mobile app
- Adidas puts China first in global push
- Adidas charges up originality
- Case Study: adidas China
- Adidas bands China fans together
- Adidas goes for football fans
- Adidas recruits hardcore football fans
- Adidas urges Filipinos to be original
- Case Study: adidas
- Adidas to send trainers to the sky
- Adidas gets star-studded in latest push