MasterCard realises priceless moments
Beijing - In a bid to fulfill its promise to create ‘Priceless moments', MasterCard is turning the 2008 Olympic Games' basketball stadium in Beijing into a branded entertainment arena for concerts and sports events.
The basketball venue will be renamed as "The MasterCard Center", marking the first time a 2008 Olympics Games venue to be rebranded commercially.
According to Mastercard, the renaming of the venue complements its marketing initiatives of creating ‘Priceless moments' as it will bring world-class performers to Chinese consumers.
Ling Hai, division president, Greater China of MasterCard Worldwide, said the company has seen a surge in public demand for live entertainment and sports events.
"By providing opportunities for unique access to performers and behind-the-scenes action, we aim to bring to local consumers and businesses that we collaborate with a series of Priceless experiences in the MasterCard Center," Hai said.
She noted that MasterCard's Chinese name, Wanshida, means "everything is attainable".
The MasterCard Center will officially launch on 21 January with a performance of Cantonese pop singer Jacky Cheung. Other artists scheduled to perform in the arena in 2011 include the Eagles and Hong Kong singer Aaron Kwok. It will also host sports events such as NBA basketball matches.
Have you joined the campaign for free content?
Subscribe to Marketing and marketing-interactive for FREE:
- MasterCard Worldwide
MasterCard Worldwide Related Stories:
- Indian women see greater gender disparity
- MasterCard widens reach with sponsorship
- Singaporeans pessimistic about job opportunities
- APAC consumers shop with a conscience
- APAC consumers confident yet cautious
- MasterCard's APAC marketer cashes out
- MasterCard names regional marketing lead
- Malaysian priorities: Dining & Entertainment
- MasterCard predicts consumer comeback
- MasterCard offers mobile guide Expo
- Consumers purchase with a conscience
- Women's economic confidence on the rise
- R/GA plots international outposts
- Consumers still out and about despite gloom
- Spending continues but saving rises
- Malaysia consumer confidence sinks
- The Jolt: Recession Marketing 101 - Relevance & Empathy
- Online show offers new brand exposure
- MasterCard offers scholarships to luxury professionals
- MasterCard Goes Red for Women