MediaCorp appoints ad agent in China
Beijing - MediaCorp has appointed Chinese advertising network SinoMedia as the advertising agent for its TV channels in a bid to expand its client base in mainland China.
SinoMedia will be responsible for bid invitation, marketing and sales of advertising opportunities on MediaCorp's TV channels in mainland China including Channel NewsAsia.
Clifton Yong, chief commercial officer of MediaCorp, said the partnership will help both companies to develop new markets and consolidate MediaCorp's position in the industry.
"With huge growth potential, the advertising market of China has always been one of the key development areas of MediaCorp," Yong said.
For SinoMedia, the deal marks its first overseas media resources partnership.
Jinlan Liu, chief executive officer of SinoMedia, said the partnership represents an important milestone in the firm's bid to expand to international markets and provide high quality media resources to its clients.
SinoMedia is one of the largest underwriters for TV advertising slots for CCTV.
- Mediacorp Pte Ltd
Mediacorp Pte Ltd Related Stories:
- MediaCorp appoints, Regal Hotels revamps
- MediaCorp pumps funds into Reebonz
- Sofialys makes bigger inroads in SG
- KFC fires up, StarHub in Facebook push
- MediaCorp launches trade marketing unit
- Clifton Yong resigns from MediaCorp
- MediaCorp promotes Seow to CEO
- Local broadcasters to go digital
- MediaCorp to operate media screens at Bugis
- MediaCorp appoints JWT for OTT biz
- MediaCorp: What were they thinking?
- MediaCorp to launch piggy back channels
- Measuring OOH advertising
- MediaCorp CEO Lucas Chow quits
- All things to all clients
- 4As sends letter to MediaCorp
- MediaCorp rewards its top spenders
- Major advertisers by-pass AORs
- MediaCorp HR lures talent with star power
- Digital is the new Style: