Lenovo taps Saatchi for global creative task
New York - Lenovo has hired Saatchi & Saatchi to handle a new global creative assignment, the client has confirmed.
Sources identified the other contenders as MDC Partners’ Crispin Porter + Bogusky in Boulder, Colo.; independent Butler, Shine, Stern & Partners in Sausalito, Calif.; and Lenovo’s lead global agency, WPP Group’s Ogilvy & Mather in New York. The selection came a week after final presentations.
The New York office of Saatchi, a unit of Publicis Groupe, will handle the assignment, which is to develop a new creative theme for the Lenovo brand that can be used globally, the rep said.
Lenovo declined to provide a budget for the effort. Sources, however, estimated annual revenue at more than $5 million.
Ogilvy remains as Lenovo’s lead shop for global creative. As such, Lenovo is adding Saatchi to its roster of creative agencies without dismissing Ogilvy. The new agency’s first work is expected to break in the spring.
Mary Baglivo, Saatchi’s CEO for the Americas and New York, said Lenovo is a company that “we admire for its history of innovation,” adding, in Saatchi-speak, “We believe that Lenovo can become a global Lovemark.”
- Saatchi & Saatchi
Lenovo Related Stories:
- Lenovo's Strother on social talent scarcity
- Lenovo helps find DJs
- Lenovo and MTV let youth create music
- Lenovo hunts for best Singapore executive
- Lenovo's comms lead heads to boutique firm
- Lenovo to speak at Customer Loyalty 2013
- Now an app to remind you of your resolutions
- Lenovo chooses global social media shop
- Lenovo goes beyond advertising
- Lenovo targets the prosumer
- Opinion: It takes two to tango
- Lenovo's founder steps down as president
- Lenovo, Kraft get on MTV World Stage
- MTV World Stage returns
- Sina, Lenovo launch social TV
- Mindshare beefs up, Metia eyes growth
- AOTY Jury Spotlight: Cecilia Chan
- Lenovo India focuses on social media
- HR teams predicted to go social
- Koh rises to GM role at Lenovo