VDONext joins the iPad bandwagon
Hong Kong - Next Media Group has launched its very first iPad app for its video platform VDONext, featuring videos streaming with a social media twist.
The iPad app allows users to view videos in HD format, save them to a playlist and share them with their friends via email, Facebook and Twitter.
Anthony Tsang, associate director of Next Media Webcast, said the iPad is another important step toward VDONext's mobile platform expansion after "a huge success of its iPhone app launch".
VDONext's iPhone app has been downloaded about 100,000 times and is attracting up to 30,000 views per day.
Tsang hinted that VDONext will launch two apps for Samsung's handsets. Both are set to roll out early next year.
Have you joined the campaign for free content?
Subscribe to Marketing and marketing-interactive for FREE:
- Next Media
Next Media Related Stories:
- Next Media sells TV unit to ERA Communciations
- Case Study: Next Media's digital journey
- Sharp Daily puts brands into question
- Gravitas triumphs at Mob-Ex Awards 2012
- Next Media quits Taiwan after 11 years
- Next Media eyes growth for Sharpon
- Apple Daily halts adult section
- Sharpon stuns shoppers in guerrilla push
- The real purpose behind Sharp Daily
- Next Media continues to make losses
- Anti-locust ad to fuel Mainland tensions
- Marketing TV: Sharp Daily launch
- Free, but at what cost?
- Next Media sets aside $10m for Sharp launch
- Next Media shores up free newspaper launch
- Next Media to animate the US market
- VDONext pushes horse racing fun
- Pixel Media picks up VDONext
- Next reworks Apple Daily sales team
- VDONext ramps up mobile presence