Maersk appoints SG, MY country head
Malaysia – Maersk Line has appointed Bjarne Foldager as the new country manager for Malaysia and Singapore, effective 15 January 2011.
Based in Kuala Lumpur, he will be responsible for strategy development and execution and oversee sales, operations and customer service in the two countries.
Prior to this appointment, Foldager was managing director for A.P. Moller Singapore. He was also the global head for Maersk Crew Management responsible for manning of the fleet owned by Maersk Line, Maersk Tankers and Maersk Supply Service.
Foldager will report to Thomas Knudsen, regional head of Maersk Line for Asia Pacific. He is replacing Omar Shamsie, who is slated to move to Dubai to assume the role of regional head of Maersk Line in West and Central Asia.
Managing people? For HR and leadership strategy, Human Resources has it covered.
Get your marketing department up to speed with Asia's most read marketing site
Maersk Related Stories:
- Boeing in trouble, UPS’s new service
- Maersk refocuses, Govt picks Apple
- Are you prepared to lose your job?
- Maersk JV boosts China’s exports
- Green shipping plans revealed
- Maersk cuts Asia-Europe trade
- Maersk aims to go green
- Maersk Line appoints Thai country manager
- Maersk to boost prowess
- Maersk tracks emissions one by one
- Maersk sees thicker line in Africa
- Maersk Line cuts sulphur emissions
- Maersk Line treads with caution
- CMA CGM, Maersk launch Asian service
- Maersk Line adds China-Nigeria route
- Maersk sinks into 1st annual loss
- Maersk exits Taiwan
- Armed escort on merchant ships
- Maersk expresses optimism for 2010
- Cocaine found in Maersk yard