VDONext pushes horse racing fun
Hong Kong - VDONext has created a series of branded videos for the Hong Kong Jockey Club (HKJC) to promote the entertainment side of horse racing among younger audience.
A total of three five-minute videos will debut on a weekly basis to promote the upcoming CX Hong Kong International Race, with the first one titled "How to have fun with horse racing" going online today. It will also be up on VDONext's mobile site, iPhone and iPad app, social networking sites such as Facebook, YouTube, Twitter and Sina Weibo as well as via its content distribution partners such as Sony Bravia TV.
Anthony Tsang, associate director of Next Media Webcast, said this probably is the first time HKJC leverages online videos to promote a major international event.
"As Generation X and Y's viewing habit is shifting from TV and magazines to the Internet and mobile, we believe more big brands like HKJC are keen to explore the marketing potential on online or mobile videos and social media," Tsang said.
Have you joined the campaign for free content?
Subscribe to Marketing and marketing-interactive for FREE:
Breaking news and intelligent analysis. Always free.
- Next Media
- Hong Kong Jockey Club
Next Media Related Stories:
- Next Media sells TV unit to ERA Communciations
- Case Study: Next Media's digital journey
- Sharp Daily puts brands into question
- Gravitas triumphs at Mob-Ex Awards 2012
- Next Media quits Taiwan after 11 years
- Next Media eyes growth for Sharpon
- Apple Daily halts adult section
- Sharpon stuns shoppers in guerrilla push
- The real purpose behind Sharp Daily
- Next Media continues to make losses
- Anti-locust ad to fuel Mainland tensions
- Marketing TV: Sharp Daily launch
- Free, but at what cost?
- Next Media sets aside $10m for Sharp launch
- Next Media shores up free newspaper launch
- Next Media to animate the US market
- VDONext joins the iPad bandwagon
- Pixel Media picks up VDONext
- Next reworks Apple Daily sales team
- VDONext ramps up mobile presence