OgilvyOne set to defend the title
Singapore - For months they've overdosed themselves on brain teaser mailers and trivia booklets, and performed mental gymnastics late into the night.
They've scoured the literary countryside in search of any random tidbit of knowledge that could give them the edge, and crammed their brains with so many facts they're in danger of forgetting their home phone numbers.
Now, with pencils sharpened and cans of red bull at the ready, the contestants for tonight's 2nd Annual Agency Pub Quiz Challenge are bracing themselves for the intellectual showdown of the year.
Sponsored by BBC World, BBC.com and BBC Knowledge, the Agency Pub Quiz Challenge will feature 12 agency teams competing over 4 rounds for bragging rights and the coveted perpetual trophy, currently being held by last year's winners OgilvyOne Consulting.
Agencies including BLUE, ZenithOptimedia, GroupM, OMD, Omnicom and Ogilvy & Mather are ready to put their reputations on the line and show the industry how smart they really are.
Edwin Rozell of OgilvyOne Consulting was confident "the trophy will stay here past December," while MediCom's Robert Fry felt that dethroning the reigning champions "couldn't be too hard," and PHD's Aslinah Jaffar was quoted as saying "we're gonna knock them down!" The team has been rumoured to be so competitive, in fact, that it's been said they have refused to offer support to their sister agency, OMD, by letting one of their clients join them, which would have earned them a bonus point.
Instead, team OMD will have to dust off last year's santa costumes and come in Christmas themed attire (an additional 3 bonus points) if they want to keep up with the rest of the teams who will be bringing four or more supporters for an additional 2 bonus points.
The 2nd Annual Agency Pub Quiz kicks off at 7pm tonight at Pan Pacific's Stereolab, where free drinks and food await the teams and their fans.
The Line Up:
AGENCY TEAM NAME
BLUE I BLUE Film
BLUE II BLUE Tape
GroupM Bethlehem RUFC
MediaCom MediaCom Mavericks II
OgilvyOne Consulting Thinking Caps
Ogilvy & Mather Rabid Ogilvy
OMD 5 Golden Ringers
Omnicom Media Group OMG we're Good!
PHD I Trivia Newton-Johns Senior
PHD II Trivia Newton-Johns Junior
Starcom Media Starcom "Win As One" Singapore
ZenithOptimedia Telok Tigers
- Lighthouse Independent Media
Lighthouse Independent Media Related Stories:
- Singapore's top HR pros named [GALLERY]
- Benefits Asia returns to Singapore
- Mobile Marketing Interactive 2013 launches
- Who will take home the trophies?
- HREA early bird deadline extended
- HREA jury spotlight: Lennard Boogaard
- HREA jury spotlight: Mohamad Abu Bakar
- CCL joins Human Resources Excellence Awards
- Agency of the Year returns
- Meet the HREA judges: A Mateen
- HREA jury spotlight: Rahmat R. Hashim
- More time to enter the Human Resources Excellence Awards
- UOB and MEC take top spot at Mob-Ex 2013
- HREA jury spotlight: Khaw Li-Ki
- More sponsors join Mob-Ex awards
- HREA jury spotlight: Andrew Chong
- Talent Management 2013 highlights
- Marketing Excellence Awards finalists revealed
- Talent Management 2013 kicks off!
- Human Resources recognises Malaysia’s top L&D strategies