Putra Brands Award winners unveiled
Malaysia - The second installment of the Putra Brand Awards has seen the inclusion of three new award categories - the Putra SME Brand of the year, Putra Most Promising Brand of the Year as well as Putra Brand of the Year.
"These new awards acknowledge the rather obscured and overlooked function that Malaysian companies and small-medium enterprises helm in helping the nation move her economy further," said Datuk Vincent Lee, president of the 4As during the awards ceremony held at One World Hotel on 11 March.PUTRA BRAND AWARDS WINNERS LIST
Brand of the Year: Maxis
Most Promising Brand of the Year: Munchy's
SME Brand of the Year: Lewre
- Apparel and Accessories: Nike
- Automotive: Honda
- Automotive-fuel: Petronas
- Beverage-alcoholic: Carlsberg
- Beverage- non-alcoholic: Nescafe, 100Plus
- Communication devices: Nokia
- Communication networks: Maxis
- Education and Learning: Taylor's University College
- Finance: Maybank
- Foodstuff: Cadbury, Gardenia
- Health: Panadol
- Household Products: Dynamo
- IT and office and business equipment: HP
- Media and entertainment: Astro
- Personal household and outdoor appliances: Sony
- Personal care: Colgate
- Property development: Sime Darby
- Retail: Jusco
- Retail -fast food: McDonald's
- Transportation, travel and tourism: AirAsia
A total of 6,000 consumers aged 16 and above in urban and semi-urban area were involved in the selection of award winners using a research polling system developed by Brand Pulse.
Brands are shortlisted on 20 categories focusing on sustainability and success rate in terms of financial value and boosting recognition in the local and international arena.
Have you joined the campaign for free content?
Subscribe to Marketing and marketing-interactive for FREE:
Breaking news and intelligent analysis. Always free.