Waggener Edstrom opens in India
India - Public relations agency Waggener Edstrom Worldwide(WE) has launched its wholly owned office in Mumbai, India.
Madhuri Sen will lead the office as managing director and vice president.
"As one of the fastest-growing economies in the world, India has been a natural focus for us as we continue our global expansion plans," said Claire Lematta(pictured), president of global regions at WE. She added that the agency's strength in digital and integrated communications, and research services would service the needs of the market well.
WE India will focus on the technology, banking, financial services and healthcare sectors, as well as on innovative companies beyond these sectors.
The agency opens with BMC Software as its anchor account and as the global agency of record for the company.
Banking on recent research WE conducted with Blackbox Research, the agency sees opportunity in Indian companies looking to step up their digital communications efforts in the next year.
Have you joined the campaign for free content?
Subscribe to Marketing and marketing-interactive for FREE:
- Waggener Edstrom Worldwide
Waggener Edstrom Worldwide Related Stories:
- Virgin Active picks agencies ahead of launch
- Sony appoints Waggener for PR duties
- Waggener appoints new GM
- Can HR finally embrace social media?
- Waggener nabs BM's talent
- David Ko departs Waggener Edstrom
- Helping HR become social
- Waggener Edstrom India makes key hires
- Waggener Edstrom opens Swiss office
- Waggener promotes Camoens to GM role
- Waggener Edstrom builds luxury roster
- Changi Airport appoints digital PR shop
- Kowloon Watch says it's time for PR
- Waggener creates new role for Lackie
- Waggener expands South Korea footprint
- In BRIEF: Ogilvy, Effie, Waggener
- Film Society shoots events with WE
- Marketing directors talk social media
- Waggener takes part ownership in Buchan
- What’s next for integrated media?