OMD promotes Siew to GM role
Malaysia - OMD newly promoted Siew Wey Tyng (pic) to the role of general manager. This is her third internal promotion since rising to the positions of associate media director and business director in 2004 and 2008 respectively.
In her new capacity which takes effect today, she reports to Omnicom Media Group's managing director, Andreas Vogiatzakis.
"It requires a certain personality type to be a media planner - someone who looks at a campaign in its totality and is able to tap onto the right target audience and communicate that to clients well," said Vogiatzakis.
"Wey Tyng is a shining star and has built a solid reputation for herself as a stellar performer, doing consistently well in her areas of work."
According to Vogiatzakis, Siew will continue to take the lead role on the key accounts her team is currently servicing. With the said team's expansion, already underway.
Throughout her career with the agency, she has done extensive work for numerous brands across various industries such as Panasonic Malaysia, Visa Worldwide, and SCA Hygiene Marketing among others. She remains the overseer of these accounts.
Siew first joined the media specialist firm seven years ago as planning manager and has over 10 years of experience in the local media planning and buying scene. She started off in the media advertising industry in 1993 as a media executive working within the research division.
"Contrary to popular belief, the media industry is not about fun and games. It takes a whole lot of teamwork to make sure that a campaign integrates well and that the right target audience is reached," she said.
"I'd choose to work in media communications all over again if I am given the option. It's a sexy profession, very cerebral."
More quality Lighthouse titles
Managing people? For HR and leadership strategy, Human Resources has it covered.
Want to get on the right side of the procurement department?
Direct them to Procurement Asia.
- Omnicom Media Group
Omnicom Media Group Related Stories:
- Carlsberg tests friendships on Facebook
- PHD hires second client services director
- OMG appoints search lead for Asia
- Danny Chin to lead OMG operations as GM
- Omnicom sparks Fuse in Malaysia
- Omnicom sets up Social@OMG
- Fujifilm picks PHD Philippines as media AOR
- Omnicom names head of search
- OMG appoints Smith as Annalect lead
- Vogiatzakis joins INTI advisory board
- WPP accelerates digital growth with latest buy
- Spring Singapore settles $5.5m media account
- OMG takes on Asia's massive mobile sector
- Leo Burnett ropes in Rushbrook
- PHD Malaysia makes digital hire
- What will our future hold?
- OMG restructures search brands in APAC
- PHD bags Bentley's global account
- OMG Malaysia publishes book plus more
- OMD Malaysia appoints Lim as MD