Mun: "I'm just consulting"
- Mun Tuck Wai remains in Malaysia to start own agency
- Mun Moves Mountains set to open for business in two months
- Also currently consulting for Y&R
Malaysia - While long-time industry expert, Mun Tuck Wai (pic) has confirmed that he is here to stay, he has clarified that his role at Y&R is not on a full-time basis.
He began consulting for Young & Rubicam last month on major accounts and is in the midst of setting up his own boutique agency called Mun Moves Mountains.
Mun told A+M today that the start-up is expected to officially launch in one or two months, during which time the firm will become fully operational with its core business to focus mainly on creative services.
At present, he has on board a single business partner and is looking to gradually expand once the company has begun to gain momentum in the months ahead.
"I would like to offer my services to clients using my years of experience as an ECD with international agencies in an effort to take the business forward. You will have people like me to work on accounts directly. Without all the usual fuss, clients will not have to be fearful," he said.
His vision for the new company is to have a team of people who enjoy their work and are passionate about doing their best for clients. He said, ultimately it was about delivering on what works for them and catering to their specific needs.
Commenting on his plans for the start-up, he said: "I intend to keep it small so that I can be dedicated to working freely with my clients and them with me."
According to Mun, he is flexible about handling his newly established business while freelancing at the said agency but has said that it will also depend on how his private practice plays out (in terms of the workload).
Mun was formerly executive creative director at BBDO/Proximity and served the company for a total of four years before resigning from the position in May this year. He first joined in 2006 as creative director.________________________________________________________________________________________
More quality Lighthouse titles
Managing people? For HR and leadership strategy, Human Resources has it covered.
Want to get on the right side of the procurement department?
Direct them to Procurement Asia.
- Proximity Malaysia
- Young & Rubicam Malaysia
Proximity Malaysia Related Stories:
- Berita Harian gets a make-over
- Astro moves b.yond with IPTV
- Snickers Hungerlings invasion hits
- Biar Betul: Newspapers and ghosts?
- Malaysian Lab fills account director role
- BBDO/Proximity Malaysia wins Coway
- Janet Teo's maiden start with Futurelab
- BBDO/Proximity ends year on hiring spree
- BBDO/Proximity boosts digital team
- Proximity creative director quits
- Proximity lands AirAsia project
- Singapore switch for Sithasanan
- An underwater transaction for Olympus
- Sithasanan takes on GM role
- Proximity’s ClayCam for Hotlink