Jenner to make final toast at GAB
- GAB's marketing director to step down in December
- Set to return to New Zealand
- Has been with company for 3.5 years
Malaysia - Guinness Anchor Berhad's marketing director Mark Jenner has told A+M that he will soon step down from the role with his contract concluding at the end of this year. His last day at GAB is 20 December 2010.
Jenner joined GAB in May 2007 and has served the company for 3.5 years now. With his time up, he has said that it is time to move on and is set to return with his family to Auckland, New Zealand.
"Our kids are eight and six years old, so great ages to transition them home. We'll be living in Auckland and I'm looking for an appropriate role right now - all offers gladly received," he said.
Jenner was responsible for the total marketing function of the business (both consumer and trade marketing) and was a member of the Guiness Anchor Marketing management team.
Jenner describes his journey at GAB as an incredible experience.
"Clearly this is an organization where people care about each other and the business. We've just completed nine successive years of growth in market share, revenue and PBIT, so it's been really enjoyable to be here to experience and contribute to that success."
Having been in the alcoholic beverages industry for over 12 years, the GAB chief marketer was previously attached with Heineken International where he worked out of Amsterdam for three years until 2007. There, he functioned in the capacity of regional marketing manager.
Prior to that, he was national marketing manager at DB Breweries in New Zealand from 2001 to 2004.
"Mark has been a key member of the GAB management team during a period of incredible growth and success, playing an active role in all aspects of the business," Charles Ireland, MD, Guinness Anchor Berhad told A+M.
"He'll be remembered for executing innovative approaches in marketing our portfolio of beers, developing and expanding the role of trade marketing in the business and lastly, renovating our bar at the brewery - The Tavern - into a space we can all be proud of in the 21st century," added Ireland.
Mark Jenner's official replacement has not yet been confirmed.
More quality Lighthouse titles
Managing people? For HR and leadership strategy, Human Resources has it covered.
Want to get on the right side of the procurement department?
Direct them to Procurement Asia.
- Guinness Anchor Berhad
Guinness Anchor Berhad Related Stories:
- GAB readies for huge St. Patrick's party
- Ireland leaves GAB to join EABL
- GAB sees senior management changes
- GAB’s star beers usher in CNY
- Guinness looks for social entrepreneurs
- GAB's Yap Swee Leng leaves post
- Don't be so hard on Gen Y
- Tiger gets spooky this Halloween
- GAB helps raise F&B standards
- Strongbow looks for strongest virtual hunter
- Studio Lounge introduces beer 'on-demand'
- Strongbow jazzes up its image
- In BRIEF: Capital TV, GAB, 8TV, Tetra Pak
- CSR - For the greater good
- GAB gives away millions to mark CNY
- GAB parties on with Oktoberfest
- Tiger roars for Asian music fans
- Guinness claims March for St. Patrick’s
- GAB reunites with the number ‘9’
- GAB names Jenner’s successor