GAB: All glasses raised to G2PR
- GAB names G2PR official agency-of-record
- To handle all GAB brands
- Ogilvy Public Relations also pitched
Malaysia - With Edelman and Compass Communications having pulled out, it was down to two agencies battling it out for Guinness Anchor Berhad's huge PR account. The combat has now ended with G2PR being named the winning agency.
No stranger to the Tiger Beer account, the PR outfit has held the business for about five years now. With Ogilvy Public Relations being handed the slip following the face-off between the two, the former will serve as GAB's agency-of-record with the new contract taking effect on 1 November and set to last for a year.
Taking on a wider role for GAB, the firm will handle all household brands within the alcohol beverage giant's stable such as Guinness, Tiger, Anchor, and Heineken. Its core duties cover overall PR and media-related activities as well as events and communications for GAB.
Milk & Co was the first to opt out from what was initially meant to be a five-way pitch.
According to a source, the other two agencies decided to follow suit and decline the opportunity to pitch due to several costing issues which emerged during the review process.
"I'm happy that G2PR has been appointed to this role. They have shown consistent results in having managed the Tiger brand. This bigger role is going to be a positive challenge for them to bring to life fresh ideas across the entire GAB stable," said Sean Koh, marketing manager - mainstream, Guinness Anchor Berhad.
More quality Lighthouse titles
Managing people? For HR and leadership strategy, Human Resources has it covered.
Want to get on the right side of the procurement department?
Direct them to Procurement Asia.
- Guinness Anchor Berhad
- Grey Two PR (G2 Public Relations)
Guinness Anchor Berhad Related Stories:
- GAB readies for huge St. Patrick's party
- Ireland leaves GAB to join EABL
- GAB sees senior management changes
- GAB’s star beers usher in CNY
- Guinness looks for social entrepreneurs
- GAB's Yap Swee Leng leaves post
- Don't be so hard on Gen Y
- Tiger gets spooky this Halloween
- GAB helps raise F&B standards
- Strongbow looks for strongest virtual hunter
- Studio Lounge introduces beer 'on-demand'
- Strongbow jazzes up its image
- In BRIEF: Capital TV, GAB, 8TV, Tetra Pak
- CSR - For the greater good
- GAB gives away millions to mark CNY
- GAB parties on with Oktoberfest
- Tiger roars for Asian music fans
- Guinness claims March for St. Patrick’s
- GAB reunites with the number ‘9’
- GAB names Jenner’s successor