OgilvyOne's Tan heads to FutureLab
- Tan joins FutureLab as senior technology manager
- Previously with OgilvyOne Malaysia
- Larger role with management responsibility over the technology department
Malaysia - FutureLab has hired Calvin Tan as senior technology manager with management responsibility over the technology department.
Tan (pic) was previously from OgilvyOne Malaysia, where as senior content engineer, he was responsible for overseeing the development of flash and interactive content for Maxis, IBM and Guinness.
In his new role at FutureLab which began on 20 September, he steps into bigger shoes and in addition to his managerial duties, will focus more on research and technical innovation.
When asked about highlights from his four year tenure with the WPP-owned agency, Tan cited the triple win of two silvers and one bronze at the 2009 Direct Marketing Association's International ECHO Awards, as the most memorable.
"Calvin is a creative technologist. He did very well in OgilvyOne, being part of the team that won several Echo's, Kancils and DMAM awards. We're thrilled to have him on-board," said Janet Teo, MD, FutureLab.
FutureLab is a panel agency for AirAsia, Carlsberg and Lotus Racing.
More quality Lighthouse titles
Managing people? For HR and leadership strategy, Human Resources has it covered.
Want to get on the right side of the procurement department?
Direct them to Procurement Asia.
Futurelab Related Stories:
- Next Digital acquires FutureLab Asia
- FutureLab bags Maestro Swiss' digital biz
- Royal Selangor aligns online, retail stores
- FutureLab appoints Rapp's Chu
- Game on for 7-Eleven
- Mercedes-Benz revs up via Facebook
- FutureLab checks in with Prince Hotel
- J&J hands community to FutureLab Asia
- 7-Eleven makes social move with FutureLab
- Channelling the urban interest
- Creative duo reunited at FutureLab
- Proximity's Vic returns to KL for FutureLab
- Janet Teo's maiden start with Futurelab