Omnicom boosts leadership with new COO
Hong Kong - Omnicom Media Group has appointed Ian Lee to the newly created position of chief operations officer of China as part of its plans to bolster senior management.
As COO, Lee will be tasked to refine the group's operations in China through strategy and system development. He will also be responsible for fine-tuning the group's organisational structure and explore merger and acquisition opportunities.
Previously, Lee was chief financial officer of Omnicom Media Group China.
Elaine Ip, CEO of Omnicom Media Group China, said bolstering top management is important as business in China has developed tremendously over the past year off the back of new business wins including Pepsi, Danone and Unilever.
"The newly created position of COO is our first step to be in tandem with our fast growing business momentum," Ip said.
More quality Lighthouse titles
Managing people? For HR and leadership strategy, Human Resources has it covered.
Want to get on the right side of the procurement department?
Direct them to Procurement Asia.
- Omnicom Media Group
Omnicom Media Group Related Stories:
- OMG appoints CEO of SEA and India
- OMG names new platforms director
- Carlsberg tests friendships on Facebook
- PHD hires second client services director
- OMG appoints search lead for Asia
- Danny Chin to lead OMG operations as GM
- Omnicom sparks Fuse in Malaysia
- Omnicom sets up Social@OMG
- Fujifilm picks PHD Philippines as media AOR
- Omnicom names head of search
- OMG appoints Smith as Annalect lead
- Vogiatzakis joins INTI advisory board
- WPP accelerates digital growth with latest buy
- Spring Singapore settles $5.5m media account
- OMG takes on Asia's massive mobile sector
- Leo Burnett ropes in Rushbrook
- PHD Malaysia makes digital hire
- What will our future hold?
- OMG restructures search brands in APAC
- PHD bags Bentley's global account