Maersk adds to Damco mix
Global - Maersk Distribution Services (MDS), which is responsible for delivering cross-docking, warehousing and inland transportation services, will now be integrated into Damco.
MDS currently operates from 18 facilities in the major ocean and rail gateways in North America. This integration will allow more cooperation between the international supply chain, Supply Chain Standard reports, enabling the postponed decision making for final cargo allocation.
MDS has a revenue of US$200 million annually and employs more than 600 people in the US and Canada.
Managing people? For HR and leadership strategy, Human Resources has it covered.
Get your marketing department up to speed with Asia's most read marketing site
Damco Related Stories:
- New Samsung plant, Damco restructures
- Kerry’s LTL route, Damco appoints
- UPS extends TNT deal, Air cargo down
- Damco beefs up global leadership
- Damco launches SC solution
- Syngenta goes with Damco
- Damco sets 2012 APAC plans
- Damco MY appoints country manager
- Damco strengthens key leadership roles
- Damco appoints Thai & Malaysian head
- M&S makes a strategic logistics shift
- Damco sets sights on Indian freight biz
- Damco appoints global head of marketing
- Damco appoints global ocean freight head
- Damco appoints country manager for SG & M’sia
- Damco steps on trucking gas
- Damco pours US$4m into Vietnam
- Damco appoints chemical logistics head
- Damco appoints regional airfreight manager
- Damco links Indochina