Pixel Media debuts in-text ad platform
Hong Kong - Pixel Media has invested over HK$5 million to launch an in-text advertising platform that places pop-up ads in contextually relevant websites in a bid to challenge search marketing.
Named 'WordSnap by Pixel Media', the platform displays in-text ads based on keywords found on content driven websites such as local forums Discuss and Uwants, Sina Hong Kong, Commercial Radio Interactive, AM730 and ETNET.
According to Pixel Media, the platform is a strong alternative to search advertising as they are both targeted and un-intrusive, except it can display ads in formats other that text including gif, flash and soon video.
Its launch advertisers include Sony Ericsson, Citibank, Ocean Park, HTC, Nokia, Venetian Macao and Hong Kong College of Technology.
Kevin Huang, CEO of Pixel Media, said the company intends to further develop this platform as it helps advertisers reach their target audience in relevant environments.
"A total development cost of over $2 million in R&D and infrastructure has been deployed and the company has earmarked an additional $3 million for future expansion," he said.
Huang added that WordSnap is an Asian first in terms of its mass scale that reaches more than 2.5 million unique users or 59% of total internet population in Hong Kong alone on Pixel Media's exclusive network of top online publishers.
Sony Ericsson's marketing director Michelle Au said placing ads with WordSnap will create a more powerful marketing effect as it reaches the brand's target audience faster and in a wider scope, and in turn positively impact sales promotions.
More quality Lighthouse titles
Managing people? For HR and leadership strategy, Human Resources has it covered.
Want to get on the right side of the procurement department?
Direct them to Procurement Asia.
- Pixel Media
Pixel Media Related Stories:
- Snap Mobile secures Skype and car.com
- Gravitas triumphs at Mob-Ex Awards 2012
- Adsfactor enters the world of gaming
- Pixel Media steps up with mobile
- Adsfactor goes after car enthusiasts
- Study: Vertical channels more effective
- Adsfactor adds Macau inventory partner
- Adsfactor flies high with parenting channel
- Pixel Media brings Skype ads to Hong Kong
- Adsfactor's pursuit of parents
- Pixel media rolls out dual campaign
- Forums aim for bigger slice of online ad pie
- Online ad guidelines: Who loses out?
- PUMA to go live on Sina Weibo
- Marketing TV: Talent in the new digital era
- HTC vows to double digital ad spending
- Pixel expands into ad-funded content
- Adsfactor puts a spotlight on users
- Pixel to celebrate best digital ads
- Adsfactor jumps Google as top ad network